Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Commision: Cell division

When I was doing research I found a website with videos of different cell divisions. I really liked this one because it clearly shows the process, and the movement of the cell. Its very interesting and useful, I will definitely use this bit of information in my animation. 



Mitosis is the process by which a eukaryotic cell separates the chromosomes in its cell nucleus into two identical sets, in two separate nuclei. It is generally followed immediately bycytokinesis, which divides the nuclei, cytoplasmorganelles and cell membrane into two cells containing roughly equal shares of these cellular components. Mitosis and cytokinesis together define the mitotic (M) phase of the cell cycle—the division of the mother cell into two daughter cells, genetically identical to each other and to their parent cell.


I really like this animation, and it gave me an idea of doing a cell division of a fertilised egg which would not only show the cell division in detail but would show how the division started and where it came from. 



No comments:

Post a Comment