Sunday, 14 October 2012

Unit 8- Character Design



This week we had an introduction to our new project which is Character Design. Each one of us has been given two different words to base our work on. I got words: 'Mythic' and 'Pirate', to create three characters a hero, side kick and a villain. I was very happy to find out what words I got as I very much enjoy the mythology topic and I love pirate movies, combining those two has made me extremely excited for the project. (:

Thinking about what I could do I realized that I could either create a mythic creature like a minotaur or a Greek God having pirate adventures, or pirates experiencing a mythic voyage(maybe like in  'The Odyssey' ) 

The wide range of possibilities is giving me an opportunity to create nearly everything.
The next stage of the project will be researching existing mythic and pirate creatures, which will help me to choose what I find the most interesting, and narrowing the whole range of ideas into one.

The meaning of: 

mythic - based on or told of in traditional stories; lacking factual basis or historical validity like "mythical centaurs" or "the fabulous unicorn"
 
pirate - someone who robs at sea or plunders the land from the sea without having a commission from any sovereign nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment